- In 6 acres of native high-altitude tropical rainforest,
five minutes from Ka'u desert. Where Windward meets Leeward.
- Each unit designed and built by owner/operators Bonnie Goodell and Alan Miller, who have designed and built over a dozen cottages for local
people in Volcano. Alan specializes in fine finish work of local and recycled woods. Bonnie is a planner and designer specializing in sustainability.
This is a sustainable village in progress.
- Wi-fi everywhere, how fast depends on the weather. Always good in the Breakfast Lanai
- Five minutes from Hawaii Volcanoes National Park and Volcano Golf Course
- 30 miles from black sand beaches with the sea turtles.
- Six great restaurants located in Volcano Village and the National Park.
- Many local naturalists and artists who'll share their work.
The Breakfast Lanai is right next to the spa....
- Open all the time for breakfast and snacks. Breakfast includes cereal hot and cold, bagels, cinnamon buns, muffins, bananas, papayas, milk, orange juice, coffee, tea...
- Great for family reunions and other gatherings and retreats! We can handle up to 30 people staying and can make arrangements for 40, between us and our neighbor's house.
Bonnie's relatives, 20 of them here for a 4-day reunion and celebration, with meals catered in the breakfast lanai so they didn't even have to go anywhere, just visit.
"Just Make House" as we say in Hawaii
Hot spa, always available, with shower and towels.
- Each unit's kitchen has rice cooker,
refrigerator, stove, microwave, toaster, and traditional mis-matched utensils.
- Each unit has a TV, DVD player. The Cottage and both Twin cottages have porches and outside sinks available.
- Family, Kid, and wheelchair friendly.
- You can wash your laundry in our front loading washer and hang it in our greenhouse laundry center.
- We live right here, so you can borrow stuff. We share books, umbrellas, videos, advice, local politics, cooking supplies,
our favorite walks.
- Simple breakfast materials available 24 hours a day. No schedule, no fuss.
- Solar assisted hot water
- Electric mattress pads to keep you toasty at night with very low energy use
- Catchment water, from our own gutters, filtered and UV treated right here for safety and great taste.
- Openable windows
- Line-dried linens
- We are proud of comfort we provide while keeping our energy use very low.
- Forest maintenance to protect natives species. We'll show you.